Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Art Spotlight - Sweet Bee

Happy 12-12-12 everyone!  I hope you're all hanging in there!  Only a few days to go till the weekend--  Also, this is the last repetitive date we will probably see in our life-times.  Enjoy it!  I know I'll be trying!

So on Wednesdays I will be doing art spotlights on various pieces I've done.  Paintings, drawings, sculpture, etc.  This is usually a hellish day for me at work so I think something simple will do.

Sweet Bee Painting


My painting of Sweet Bee from She-ra: Princess of Power. This is the first of a series that I'm doing of various characters from that wonderful show that I grew up on. <3  I would love to do more of this series but sadly, so far, I've only done two.  As soon as I have more time to paint I should do more.  I think it is geeky and awesome.

I really liked her character and love her crazy hair.  She was one of my favorite dolls, she included a zipline that she could "fly" down with her wings.

The special things about this painting: There is a gem on her bodice. Her wings, eyes, headpiece and belt all glow in the dark.

The link to my deviantART page: http://fav.me/d2uk9ca

No comments:

Post a Comment