Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Event - BtSSB SF Opening


Let's go back in time a bit to August 14th, 2009.  I was u in the Santa Cruz mountains LARPing when I told my fellow Plot members that I would return late Saturday night.  I'd be going to crash at a friend's house to sleep and wake up early to the opening of a very special store in San Francisco's Japantown.

Me and my friends in line to get into the New People building on opening day!

We went in a full car down to SF in all our lolita to find an epic line.  We all showed up pretty early but we were still down near the crosswalk.  There were people all over the place and, like all festivals in Japantown, it was full of sellers and crafters.

I found someone with the same print on as me and so I had to take a picture with her.  We were both pretty excited to find someone matching us in an older print.

I was a genius and left my credit cards up on the mountain so one of my friends greatly offered to front the payment and I payed her back a few days later. <3  That way I could buy my first AatP dress in sac.  I was told a few times while I was in line (took 2 hours after we were inside) that it was their dream dress I was holding-- I just held it tighter because I loved ever little piece of the dress.

They were, by far, the best dressed people there.  It made me happy.
Excited and oh so tired, we finally made it over to the mall to have Ramen and relax a little.  I changed into my new dress and after visiting Sanrio we headed home.  We drank tea and talked and then I left for the drive up 17 and Bear Creek Road back up to the LARP game.  That night was the first and only night I wore brand "camping."  It was quite glorious.

The dress I bought that night.
The picture was taken of the cord I wore when I went to see Beauty and the Beast on Stage.

The whole experience I will never forget and I always like going back and visiting BtSSB and the other stores in Japantown.

**Tomorrow's post will be on my Lolita Closet: Angelic Pretty!
((Events Index))

No comments:

Post a Comment