Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Lolita Closet - Bodyline

Updated: 12-4-12

The pieces in my Bodyline Closet are as Follows:


I did not know of this brand until I stumbled upon the store in Harajuku.  I was looking for a normal lolita store when I looked up and saw a "sale" sign and some cute cosplay in the window.  I thought, why not just go and look in there. BAM. I was amazed... I went to Japan expecting to buy one dress with my budget but I came back with a wardrobe of dresses!  My favorite thing about them was not only their price but the lovely sizing they had.  Before, I didn't want to buy lolita online because I was not sure how they would fit me, or even if they would, but after seeing them in person I was excited.

On a side note, Bodyline has really gone up in price since I first found out about them.  I am less likely to buy something from them and save a little more to get some brand on sale.  They are a wonderful starting brand and I love the pieces I have in my collection, however, I do not really buy from them any longer.  (Though I may if they put out some shoes I've been waiting for them to make...)

White Shirt
I was very pleased, seeing this in person, as to its quality per price.  It was only about $11 and I've worn it oh so many times and it is still in one piece.

Bought this on my trip to Japan.
Black Shirt
This black shirt is made out of jersey and oh so soft and nice to wear.  The only down side to it is the long long LONG ribbons that clench it in.  I guess I could just take them off and not worry about it since I usually wear it under JSKs but I'm a bit lazy so I don't..

Bought this on my trip to Japan.
Gold and Red
I really do love this concept and piece.  It is a skirt and waist clencher that is fully sheared in the back.  I own two out of the three colours they had it available in.  They only reason why I don't have the other is because it was sold out.
It makes a good Steampunk piece to add to my Steamy wardrobe and I wouldn't be without it.

Deconstructed Skirt
It is a super cute colour in person and its a stretchy waist-band.  I do not wear it as much as I should or probably could.

Alice Skirt (black/pink)
I bought this one because I loved the print and didn't want to spend an arm and a leg to get an Alice print that was brand.  I worn this a dozen of times and really enjoy it.  Its not the highest of quality but it is better then any American cheep brand could or would do.  I am proud of have this as one of the pieces in my closet.

Gingham Bunny Skirt (pink)
I love bunnies and NEEDED to get this for myself.  I got this one year for my birthday and it is adorable.  Thick and well made.  I have not, however, worn it that much.  But, I have worn it to Knotts Berry Farm to go on roller coasters and see Snoopy.

Three Bears Poka-dot JSK (red)
It's super cute and I wore it to Disneyland.  They had a problem with me wearing my Mini Mouse ears with the dress-- to matchy--  But it is super cute and I took some really cute pictures in it when I went.

Alice Print JSK (sac/pink)
Oh how I love this dress-- I have a friend who also owns this dress and she is often known as "my twin."  We haven't worn this dress together yet but I hope we can soon.  I also got this dress for one of my besties so she could triplet with us.  I'm sure it will make her happy when she gets this.  Its more sweet then what she usually wears and her husband will laugh and shake his head, but I know she'll like it.  I'm just slowly turning her more and more into the cute side of me.  <3  Everyone needs more pink and bunnies in her life anyway.

Blue Striped strapless JSK
I like to think of this as my little cute sailor dress without the collar.  I wear it with a shirt underneath or just strapless as more a casual look.  I am a sucker when it comes to anything nautical themed or looking so this was a must for me.

Poka-dot JSK (sac)
I have worn this many times and it is sweet and simple.  I planed on getting the darker one but messed up in my order.  I am, however, very pleased with the dress even though I have other sac dresses.

I have worn this to a baby shower and other times I've had to dress "down" or more "normal" to events.  Its still super cute and I love the bows on it as well as the high waist cut.

Plaid AP Replica
This is a replica to an Angelic Pretty dress.  The pockets are small but working and the dress is made out of thinish material.  The material isn't cheep, it just is nice in the summer to have something light.
It was only about $15 when I bought it at the store in Harajuku and was super excited to have something this cute to take home with me.  It was not until later that I found out that it was a replica piece.
I wore this into the BtSSB SF store once and took it off to wear the new brand dress I bought home.  The shop girls were looking at the dress commenting on how well made it was for being Bodyline and actually how impressed they were about it.

I bought this on my trip to Japan.

Sac Bow and Button OP
I bought this from Bodyline when they had a "buy one get one free" sale.  That sale was amazing and I hope that someday they do it again.  I'd love to get more shoes or even buy matching dresses for friends as presents for various holidays.
I got this dress and another exactly like it for a friend of mine so we could twin.  It was remarked then how it was very hard to tell us apart and the only reason her husband knew it was her, at a little distance, was because of the headband she was wearing.


More Bodyline items to be posted later!

No comments:

Post a Comment