Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

The First Post

In this blog, that I will try to keep up to the best of my ability, I will talk about these things that I enjoy and the events and places that I attend.  A living journal to all things dubbed epic in my life.  There are many things that I enjoy and the following will be updated within this blog; Sewing, Cosplay, BJDs, Lolita, Steampunk, LARP as well as general nerdyness. 


A little about me I think would be logical for a first posting.
I'm a preschool teacher who likes pretty things with bows and bunnies. <3

Sewing:
I have been sewing since 2001.  I always hated how store bought costumes were so expensive and very poorly made.  I knew that I could do better, and I did.  I like to look at the store bought for ideas but it is just so much cheaper to make them.  It is always more satisfying when someone compliments you on a dress that you made though.  I always want to do better in my sewing and strive to expand my knowledge and skills to new levels of awesome. 

Cosplay and Costuming:
I fell in love with Sailor Moon when it was on american TV and that's what got me into wanting to cosplay.  I am sure that this is the story of many girls, I can think of at least four of my friends off the bat who this is why they started to dress up. 

Ball Jointed Dolls:
I bought my first BJD in October of 2009 after a horrid break-up.  My first baby, Emma, was a gateway to 7 more... I very much enjoyed the various 'brand' events that Volks would have in the US and attended one event in LA and 2 in New York.  They were my first experiences in New York and I will always treasure them.  Over the years I have done less with my babies but I hope to do more with them soon.

PONIES:
Love em'

Lolita Fashion:
Lolita came natural for my love of dolls, looking cute and my lust for everything Japanese...  I remember seeing these cute living dolls in magazines and on the interwebs but never really knowing where to start.  I have two friends who really got me into the fashion by showing me web sites and taking me to the store to get those awesome mags (like GLB) with the patterns in.  I guess I have been in the Lolita fashion since 2008, the first year I bought brand.  It was a BTSSB skirt and cardigan from Fanime (San Jose's local Anime convention).
I always love dressing to the nines to go to places with my friends and family.

Steampunk:
This is my newest addiction.  I love the hard edges and the playfulness of it.  You can still be cute with a clockwork gun and some balloon shorts and a top hat.  I am trying to become more involved with our local group The Steam Federation.  They are a lovely group of people who do so many events and run Clockwork Alchemy (an off-branch of Fanime).  

LARP:
I use to help run a local LARP about four years.  I have since then taking a break from the LARPing world for all the work burned me out and it was no longer any fun for me.  I am looking into starting to go again to reconnect with a few people and have fun.

Sci-fi:
I am just a general fan of the genre  and love the aspects that surround it.  Stargate SG-1, Star Wars, Doctor Who, X-Files, Firefly, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment