Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Lolita Closet - Alice and the Pirate

The following are the AatP pieces that I own in my collection.

I tend to feel myself more on the side of fluffy Sweet Lolita but I really like the darker qualities of Alice and the Pirates.  A lot of them make perfect additions to any cute Steampunk outfit and I've worn a few of them to those types of events.




Gathered Chiffon JSK


This was the first AatP dress that I bought.  I got it at the opening of the BtSSB store in San Fransisco.  As I stood in line various people told me how it was their dream dress but I held onto it tightly.  I had fallen in love with it too and love it just as much to this day.  It is the fanciest lolita dress that I own and I won't part with it.

a/p Circus Print JSK
I loved the print on this one.  The little monkeys and the elephants and Alice balancing on a ball.  It's super fancy and I love to wear it.
On many occasions I have worn this dress on special occasions to steampunk events.
The only downside to this dress is that when I first was wearing it my arm would hurt like hell.  I wondered why and then I found out what was wrong.  The top is a bodice with plastic boning and one of the bones was protruding it's little super sharp tip out of one of the seams.  It was not fun...  I cut then filed down the bone so it was not so sharp-- cut myself on it a few times before I actually found it but happily did not get any blood on my dress.
  
AatP - Original Tartan Check Vest and Half-Pants
I bought these two matching pieces when they were on sale at the SF store.  I tried them on when they first came out and was giddy it was ridiculous.   I glowed, but at that time I got a different dress.  I didn't have any "boy style" items and wanted to stick with dresses.  I was glad that I did get the dress that time because it let me get it on sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment